EMAIL your COMPLETE application packet that must include the Supervisor Sign Off Form to Dr. Brenda Eagan-Johnson, CBIST, BrainSTEPS Program Coordinator
Team Member Model & Responsibilities
We ask for an initial commitment of two years for all new members of the Brain Injury Consulting Team.
Participation in the Brain Injury Consulting Team New Team Member training is essential for new team members. Once you complete the requirements for the new team member training, you will be assigned student cases by your team leader.
The time commitment for consultation activities is dependent on the type of request for BrainSTEPS services. Specific hours are flexible, however, and can vary according to the individual team member’s work schedule and needs of the team.
Training Requirements First Year
BrainSTEPS Team Training Schedule
If you CANNOT commit to these requirements, please do not apply.
5.5 hour online Return to Learn Concussion Management training
Full Day (7-10.5 hour) In Person or Online New BrainSTEPS
Team Member Training (varies)
Annually, you will participate in Additional Capacity Building Training-(either in person or online)
BrainSTEPS Team Member Commitment
Team Membership includes the following. Please read and discuss with your supervisor prior to submitting your application Submission of your signed application demonstrates your commitment to the following:
- BrainSTEPS expects a time commitment from all team members. Please think about your potential role before applying. Participation in the initial BrainSTEPS New Team Member training sessions as well as additional day-long trainings that are scheduled each year.
REQUIRED – please review because if you cannot commit to the requirements, you will not be able to remain on the team.
- The time commitment for consultation activities is dependent on the type of request for team services. Specific hours are flexible, however, and will vary according to the individual team member’s work schedule.
- We only accept active team members who agree and are willing to take the time to work on student referrals on a rotating basis for their team. Our teams are working teams.
- You must secure your supervisor’s approval (attached form), because the BrainSTEPS work takes place during work hours.
- Team members who apply must commit to attending all mandatory trainings to remain on the BrainSTEPS Team.
- Team members must log ALL student consultation activity data performed each month in the ORBS database.
- Team members must attend regularly held meetings (monthly) that are scheduled by their BrainSTEPS team leader to discuss program updates and student specific cases.
- All BrainSTEPS team members must participate actively by being involved with student referrals made to the team. This can mean any/all of the following:
Regular Team Member Student Consultation includes variations of the following:
- Communication with family
- Communication with school
- Consultation activities
- Information sharing among team
- Observation/evaluation of student
- Consultation with Medical Professionals
- Records Review/Report writing
- IEP Meeting attendance
- Training of educators and support staff
- 504 meeting attendance
- Intervention Demonstration
- Classroom and peer education
- Consultation: Educational Plan
- Consultation: Modification of instruction method
- Consultation: Teaching child compensatory strategies
- Consultation: Use of assistive technology
- Consultation: Modification of curricular content
- Consultation: Use of behavioral strategies
- Consultation: Student’s environment modification